Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Thanksgivings

I thought I might miss eating turkey and pumpkin pie this year, but we got in not only one Thanksgiving meal, but four!

#1->The first one was hosted by IEC, our church. They go to a lot of effort to decorate and get American foods for everyone. About 150-170 people showed up this year.
 We were blessed with some lovely live music.
All the fixins--turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, pumpkin pie. It very much reminded me of our family dinners on both Dad's side and Mom's side, and made me a little homesick.
 Quite a large crowd! Almost as many as the Hoard family at Aunt Sharon's every year.
#2->On Thanksgiving Day the kids had school since it's not a holiday here and we have many different cultures at our school so not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. However, they hosted a Thanksgiving meal that everyone could eat, and parents were welcome to join.
I ate with Lijee since his class goes before the other two.
I sat with Daisy and her friends as they ate. I even got a smile and a wave from Zeke while he was in line with his friends, so I counted that as a win.
 It also happened to be house games, so my kids were decked out in their green Dokkaebi gear.
#3->Since the pastor comes to our bible study on Thursday nights, we enjoyed leftovers on the actual Thanksgiving Day. 
#4->We went to Kenny's house the following Saturday with one other family and 4 other guys whose families were in the US. So Thanksgiving this year was much like home, going to different meals with different loved ones and eating way too much turkey and pumpkin pie.
[November 28]

No comments: