Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, December 19, 2019

For The Love Of Dogs - Younggungsa Temple

Every morning the dogs and I walk with the kids across the street to school and then we take our long walk for the day. I have even started running a short bit--not because I enjoy running, but because I love my dogs and they love running. I try to mix up our path so they can get new sights and smells every day. This particular day we went to a nearby temple. We took back roads from school. Eventually I realized that we went right by the Sacheon Grand (the hotel we stayed in when we first got here). I didn't even realize there was a temple back there. I discovered the reason for that is because 1) it's back from the road on tiny path and 2) it's a tiny little temple.
On the way back I decided to stop at a few of the little cemeteries along the way.
I have no idea how old this is, but it looks extremely old.
I love the washed-out browns contrasted with the red in this photo.
I have noticed a few things about graves here. First of all, I have not seen a large cemetery like in the US. There are usually just a few head stones, which leads me to believe it's just a family site. Secondly, most of their grave sites are round mounds. No one has been able to explain to me why and how they keep the mounds (not like ours that are rectangles that eventually settle down flat again).
 I zoomed in so you can read the dates. It looks like a husband and wife passed away within a month of each other, on January 3rd and February 9th of 2008.
This family looks very wealthy. You don't see mausoleums here. For some odd reason it was a little creepy with those lions snarling at us. Chuey thought so too; she heard a sound in the bush and jumped a mile high.
I like the barkless tree.
 I thought the red vines growing cross ways on this large round rock looked cool. I like when we take new paths and discover new things. 
 [November 27]

No comments: