Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Sunday Drivers - Namhae Beach

One beautiful Sunday afternoon DanFam5.2 piled in the van for an adventure of something we had not yet seen. We ended up driving about an hour to Namhae Beach.
 The drive there is gorgeous. You wind along the coastline, up and down hills and valleys and get the most picturesque views of the bay.
As soon as we arrived at the sand we pulled off our shoes and got our feet in the water.
Daisy and I went shell hunting.
Lijee and Zeke dug holes in the sand.
Abe and the doggies watched.
Chuey taught me a good lesson this afternoon. Abe went to find a restroom and took Frito with him. Chuey and I were walking along the beach and all she could think of was going to find them. I told her, "Chuey, just enjoy where you are. Here you are on this beach and all you can look at is what others are doing and you're missing out on the beauty right where you are." Then it hit me.  That lesson was really for me. 

It's so easy to overlook this really great place in life that you are to compare to where someone else is. What's more, you think you want to be where they are/do what they are doing, but it might be something crappy like finding a restroom (crappy--get it?). Comparison is the thief of joy and I have often been guilty of it more than I would like to admit. I even find myself doing that here. Other families are flying to other countries every time we get a long weekend; even though I have always wanted to live in a foreign country and here I am killing it, I start to look at others going to 'find a restroom' instead of enjoying my time on the beach. Thanks for the lesson, Chuey!
 As we were wrapping up our afternoon, all three children were working together to build something in the sand. 

This. This time together making memories was exactly what I was hoping for with this Korean adventure. My heart is full.
[November 2]

No comments: