Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, December 09, 2019

Sacheon Air Show

The aerospace industry has a strong presence in Sacheon. The Sacheon Airshow has been a part of the community since 2004. It is the only aviation industry festival in South Korea and attracts many visitors from near and far.
 Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI--Abe's company) is one of the hosts along with the Republic of Korea Air Force. It was a fun afternoon seeing what his company is a part of.
There are free city buses that shuttle people to the airshow. We just walked over to Pruggio Park about 5 minutes away and hopped on a bus.
 The first thing we did was explore the inside of a tank.
 Daisy nearly got ran over.
 There were displays from other parts of the Republic of Korea military.
 All week long various groups performed. This was a dance group that was sort of like a flash mob.
 The Black Eagles are like the Blue Angels in the US. They did some cool aeronautic maneuvers. We could see them and hear them all week from our apartment. The first day I forgot it was air show week. When I heard these loud planes and saw them shoot past my bedroom window my first thought was, "That's not North Korea invading, is it?" I think I was kidding with myself, but there was a tiny bit that might have been serious.😳
 There were food vendors, displays and activities of all kinds. The boys were doing some kind of virtual reality game here.
 This game required precision in pulling the ropes and maneuvering that red ball so it didn't fall through one of the holes.
I'm not gonna lie. Those were the best Krispy Kreme donuts I've ever had. I've said it before, Korea doesn't do baked goods/desserts. They have Korean donuts, but calling them donuts is a stretch. Just to taste an American style donut was a little slice of dessert heaven.
 I leave you with these flowers that have the tiniest of petals.
[October 26]

No comments: