Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, November 17, 2022

MaxiMUM Fun At HoCo

Well...I said I would never do it, but I did it. I bought one of those ridiculous mums for homecoming that only Texans know and love.
I volunteered to help with the parade that starts at the middle school and goes past the elementary on the way to the high school. Zeke played and rode on the band float,
while Daisy rode the volleyball float.
Daisy and some of freshman volleyball girls.
front row: Kimberly, Daisy, Audrina, Taylor and little Alexa
back row: Abri, Leslie, big Alexa, Haley and Abbey

Since I was on campus helping, I snuck in and watched the pep rally. I was on the down-low, lurking in the door at the front. I wasn't as stealth as I thought; both kids told me that they spotted me.
Inner city pep rallies are much different rural midwest pep rallies from 30+ years ago! There was dancing and singing and cheering and swaying and jumping and yelling. So much energy! Unfortunately there was only one other pep rally during football season (there were 2 scheduled, but one was cancelled because some girls fought in the bathroom the day before) and the kids told me it was not nearly as high energy as this one. But this one was so fun!
There's Zekers in the back row with his color guard friends.
And That's Daisy on the right with her freshman volleyball friends.
Here is the band as they were getting ready to depart for the football game.
The football game was on Friday, but the dance was Saturday night.

💕

I volunteered to clean up after the dance so I got a sneak peak of them in action. These pics were not taken by me, though. My children would have died from embarrassment on the spot if their MUM would have asked to take a picture at the dance.
Ella, Zeke and Angel
[September 9]

No comments: