Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, November 11, 2022

Kansas Homecoming

There's no place like home. Even when you haven't lived there in 26 years.
A hug three years in the making.
It was so good to be back home and do the normal Kansas things with the people we love. Things like picking peaches off Steve's peach tree.
And driving the ranger through the pasture.
We crammed 8 of us in the ranger. Who knew we could fit that many?!

It was so good to see aunts, uncles, nieces and cousins on my Mom's side.
The cousins picked up right where they left off. Except they're much bigger now.
Love the sunsets from my parent's backyard.
Abe and I took a morning walk in the pasture. The cows came up to say hi, which I thought was cute...at first. Then they kept coming at us. Not a big deal, right? Except there was not only one, but two bulls in the herd. They were coming in and nearly encircling us. When I flailed my arms and yelled at them they would back off. But then they kept coming back, again and again. It was then that Abe and I started to get worried that the bulls might not like us talking firmly to their lady friends. After much arm flinging and yelling we finally made it out alive.
The Korean mountains and ocean views were spectacular, and I already miss them. But the Kansas Flint Hills are a pretty drive, too.
Next stop: the lake with family on my Dad's side.
Once again, the kids slid right back into fun with their 'Easter cousins.' Canyon drove Alta, KayLyn, Daisy and Zeke fast and hard so they were thrown off the tube several times.
He made it a bit calmer for Eli and MacKenzie.
The only time I get to wakeboard these days is when I visit family in Kansas. Thanks, Lissa and Greg for letting us use your boat!
Zekers got up for a hot minute.
The kids really just like the tube.
They start to get a little cocky after they rode for a bit.
We stuck all the kids on for the final ride in.
So great to see family face-to-face again.
[July 29-30]

No comments: