Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, April 11, 2022

Spring Mornings With Chuey

 Spring is my favorite season, so here are some random spring pictures of things that Chuey and I have seen on our morning walks.
sansuyu
camellia buds
I like how the mountains look like a painting.
The unit above us was getting a make-over.
Here's the view from our window.
And the view peeking down.
One Friday night Abe and I went out with the grownups while the boys played Magic The Gathering with Nic and Matthew.
Daisy and Astrid babysat the friends' kids while we were out.
Often when I wake in the wee hours to go potty, I see that star on the left.
The bright yellow flowers are forsythia.
The farmers protect their freshly planted seedlings. Around here, this is all done by hand. Maybe there are some large farms elsewhere that have machinery, but it's not common.
grape hyacinths
Randomly by the side of the road is a family grave marker. You see that everywhere in the south. There are not public cemeteries down here. I know they exist up near Seoul where the population is much more dense. But down here there are just small family plots scattered everywhere.
This dude was bringing home cabbage on his bicycle to make kimchee.
These ladies are milk cows. The barn they are stored in is pathetically small and they never get to graze in a field. Poor things.
Whenever I walk by (not that often) I kick the extra food closer to them so they don't have to stretch so far to get it.
I am always surprised and comforted to see the same flowers here as back home. 
Chuey and I walked through some streets this particular day. Usually we walk in the fields or along the bay, but this time we ended up in a public area. You often see older ladies walking all stooped over. I assumed it was because they worked so hard in the fields, as you saw in earlier pictures. But I also heard it was because of such poor nutrition for this generation during Japanese rule. This country has been through a lot of hard times, but they have persevered!
This is the pond  and park right by our house. 
Daisy and I said goodbye to some of our best Korean friends as they repatriated back to Denmark. Sad day. 
The fog was so pretty this day.
I will end with way too many pictures of a phenomenal sunset at the pond.

No comments: