Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, April 25, 2022

#16--Sabotaged!

Snorkeling with manta rays. 
That should have been Zeke on his 16th birthday.👆
That was not Zeke on his 16th birthday, because, Covid.
Zeke took it like a champ, because, Zeke. I did the best I could to make it a fun birthday. But when you had plans to snorkel with manta rays in Bali, every thing else falls short.

To start the day off, Chuey helped us wake him up.
I gave him 16 clues to help him find his gift.
In an effort to make the day special, we went to Namildae Beach. Our options were limited; in case we had Covid I wanted to be outside, away from people. Hiking is not on Zeke's radar as a fun birthday activity. Even though it was chilly, the beach seemed like our best option.

It was too cold for me and Daisy to go in the water but the boys braved it for a couple minutes.
Doing this zip line has been on our bucket list since we arrived. This is Zekers.
Next came the Daiser.
And last was me. Lijee was our photographer.
Another prezzie.
For the first time, Zeke needed help showing his age. Eli had to pitch in a finger to show the tens for sixteen. Babies don't keep.
Poor boy. Even his cake was a flop. It was supposed to be black forest cake like the Swiss Bakery Shop in Fort Worth. But it didn't turn out like that. 
He took it all in stride. I sure do love my Zekers.
[April 4]

No comments: