Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Double Take - JinSaIWA Minjaebong Peak of Waryongsan

 A crisp autumn morning, some lovely friends, and a big mountain to climb. Check, check and check.
Ming told us that monks often sit here to meditate.
I thought I'd give it a try.
'I lift my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.' 
Psalm 121:2
I love that the city places rando benches on the mountain, so people can sit and enjoy the beauty of creation.
When we got to these rocks I realized that I have been on this hike before. Abe and I, along with Chuey and Frito, had hiked this peak two years ago. Everything was still pretty new to me, and the names all sounded (and sometimes still sound) alike, so Minjaebong did not ring a bell. But these rocks are pretty memorable.
Fall is finally starting to set in amongst the trees.
Hiking groups leave their ribbons in the trees. JinSaIWA does not have an official ribbon, so Ming created one for us on the way up and hung it on a tree.

Waryongsan is a beautiful backdrop for Sacheon, seen below.

This little table was our lunch spot.
What a lunch view!

We made it up 799 meters to Minjaebong Peak.
Deok Soon, Kate, Ming, Trish, Sofia
This is the view to the south.
One of my favorite hikes to date was a month ago at Saryangdo. It was the hike along the ridge of the island. You can see that island from up here.
The Sacheondaegyo Bridge is below. That lies to the west.
Look! Our hiking flag was still hanging on the way back down!
I like all of these huge boulders along the trails.
We made it back to the rocky area.
The benches again. Almost back to the start.

[November 2]

No comments: