Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, April 02, 2021

{Fake} Bluebonnets

 The first sight of bluebonnets in Texas promises that spring is on its glorious way. The first 12 years I lived in Texas I thought the locals were insane when it came to bluebonnet pictures. But something snapped inside when I had a baby. I suddenly bought into the iconic bluebonnet pics hook, line and sinker.

I was a little sentimental thinking about coming to Korea and missing a couple years of our annual bluebonnet pictures. I worried for naught, because we have fake bluebonnet pictures! The cherry blossoms bring out the cameras just like the bluebonnets, and I have also bought into them hook, line and sinker. If you haven't picked up on it, this is Take Four for cherry blossoms this week.

My children were not super happy when I woke them up early on their very first day of spring break to take cherry blossom pictures. But there is about a two-week window for the cherry blossoms; they were at their peak, rain was forecasted for the afternoon, and we were going out of town in a couple days. Due to the peak time, the weekend, and the afternoon rain, I knew we had to go early to beat the crowds (the locals do not tend to get out and about early--hence the nickname 'Land of the Morning Calm'). It was a now or never kind of moment and I seized it.
Without further ado, here are a bunch of {fake} bluebonnet pictures. The trees were so pretty and the pictures all turned out so good so I just have to post too many because I couldn't choose which to leave out.

It's rare to get a photo without others in it when the blossoms are at the peak. Yay us!
Look at our little dog poking her head out.
These are the feels that I get when they cooperate for photo shoots:
There may or may not have been a bribe of breakfast at McDonald's promised in exchange for the early morning photo shoot. After I had pushed the boys with as many photos as I could, they got their promised bribe and were out. Chuey was patiently waiting as they got their food.
 Daisy and I wanted to check out more blossoms, so we continued on without the boys.
Finally we listened to Chuey when she gently suggested that we had taken enough pictures. She wasn't wrong.
[March 27]

No comments: