Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Bamboo and Mushrooms - Guryangsa Mountain

One sunny Saturday morning we jumped in with the Tighes and headed back to Guryangsa mountain, but this time we drove up to the parking lot (that made Daisy happy). Then we found a little trail off the road and set out through the bamboo forest. At least that's what we called it.
I am also dubbing it the mushroom hike. I snapped pictures of all the varitiety of mushrooms I came across. I was thinking of my parents and mushroom hunting. Except I'm not sure how many of these are edible, if any.
 We came across a rock garden with little piles of rocks, neatly and precisely arranged to last.
 Susie made this rock pile. Pretty impressive for a rookie.
 DanFam5.2, and Eli's stick, made it to a good look out point.
 These doggies love hiking!
 Zekers found a way up, but I made him come down because I was scared he might fall and hit his head on a rock. I would have no idea how to explain to 119 (that's their emergency number) where he was to come save him.
 What--Eli found a stick?
 Just hanging out.
This is not a mushroom, but a lot of slug slime.
 When you're hiking you randomly come across grave markers. I don't know if people are actually buried here, or if it's just a memorial stone. I think it's pretty old, but we can't read the writing.
We had no idea where we were this hike was taking us. At one point it seemed like we were heading downhill, soAbe, Art and Daisy turned around to go back to the cars. The rest of us were hoping we would go down and be able to call them with directions on where to pick us up. You'll never believe this, but suddenly this trail hooked up with the trail that we did a few weeks ago with the handmade ladder to climb the rock! This time we came at it from the opposite side.
 This is the same stone wall for fire signals that I wrote about once before.
 Not a mushroom, but I thought it was a cute little flower.
 I wish the kids enjoyed hiking as much as the dogs. Since they do not, they feel they earn some screen time whenever we're done.
[September 13]

No comments: