Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Lucky 'Leven in the Hometel

We tried something new this year--we spent Daisy's birthday in the hometel. Not exactly what we had planned, but that's what came to be. A birthday to be remembered. Not exactly in a good way, but one to be remembered, nonetheless.

Daisy is sharing a little love with her brothers first thing on her birthday.
We quickly moved on to a morning birthday gift.
 Time to head down to breakfast and school.
 I did not get to do birthday lunch at school because I had to spend the day at the house with the painters and cleaners. Daisy and I were both sad about that. I did get to catch announcements and hear Daisy announce her birthday.
After school was also not much of a birthday celebration. We had house errands to run before we ran to school for Zeke's NJHS ceremony. However, before we left she did get to open presents. Somehow in all the chaos of closing down the house I managed to wrap presents and actually get them to the hotel and I did it without Daisy knowing. Toot-toot!
After Zeke's school ceremony we had to run Frito's huge dog crate to the Williams to hold on for us while we spent the next 6 weeks on the hometel. And I snuck an extra gift in the car.
 Finally a little birthday cake.
 My favorite birthday girl.
 Eleven years old.
Although the day was not much of a special birthday kind of day, Daisy took it like a champ because she is a special kind of girl. I love her so.
[May 30]

No comments: