Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, December 31, 2016

PMA

This fall I lead an enrichment cluster at school. It was a cheerleading cluster calling all athletes to learn floor cheers, chants, dances and partner stunts. We had a huge interest! Daisy and I were super excited about it.

The first week they learned a few basic terms and actions. I taught them a floor cheer and a chant. Plus we learned a secret hand signal, called PMA. That stands for Positive Mental Attitude always. We flash it in the hallways when we see each other. If those 3rd, 4th and 5th grade girls and one boy knew that I learned all that stuff 30 years ago they would not have enjoyed it. I kept that my little secret and they thought it was super fun. That night was Homecoming and they were able to perform in front of the whole crowd of parents and students.
I arranged for the Dallas Ice Girls to come. They taught us a fun dance. We're flashing our secret PMA hand sign.
I also was able to get a McKenzie, a varsity cheerleader from an area high school, to teach us some fun things including more dance to add to our Ice Girls dance.
The cherry on top was when the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders came.
The grand finale was when we performed for all the 3rd, 4th and 5th grades for the Cluster Fair. This was my most successful and fun cluster I've done so far. The kids give me our hand signal in the hall when we see each other, and they were always asking about when our next cluster was and what we were going to be doing. All the kids in the cluster had a great time.

Most importantly, Daisy and I made some great memories. This is why I'm still a stay-at-home-mom. As long as my kiddos want me around, I'll be at school helping to do whatever.

No comments: