Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Jingle Bell Juke Box

Our new music teacher asked for volunteers to help with the 4th and 5th grade Christmas musical. I said I would help with choreography. I was thinking choreography like we do in MusicPraise, as we are singing. Silly me. Silly, silly me. I did not realize I volunteered to make up dances for kids who were not singing. This meant meeting with the choreography team for both 4th and 5th grades, making up the dances, then meeting with both the choreography and dance teams to teach them. However, that isn't as easy as it sounds, because the music classes meet at various times and never all three 4th or all three 5th grades at the same time. And to make it worse, they meet first thing, which totally cuts into my gym time. No bueno. I haven't thought about how many volunteer hours I logged those couple weeks.

However, my Zekers was on the 5th grade choreography team, so that was fun time together. And bible study was on Christmas break which also meant my part time job was on break, which gave me extra time. So it all worked out.
 The play was set in the 50s so the boys got slicked back hair and some of the girls had 'coyote' skirts.
Zekers is doing a special dance to the Grinch here.
 It turned out very cute and Zeke and I had fun together.

No comments: