Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, December 26, 2016

I Wanna Wish You A Happy Birthday (To TheTune of Feliz Navidad)

So I kicked off my birthday week with a cake. Just for 4 of us; Daddy wasn't even here to help us eat it (not that he would have eaten any if he had been in town). I had been wanting a Costco cake all year and never had a reason to buy one. Since The Pops was out of town there would be no cake-shaming, so I decided my birthday was a good enough reason to get one. 
It was a good start to my birthday week. But the 5 days before my 47th birthday came. I had been dreading that day for nearly 2 years. My Brother was 5 days shy of his 47th birthday when he passed away. However, it was the day after that which proved to be most difficult. It was then that I realized that I am now older than my older brother. That is super hard to take in. 

The good part is that I don't have to take in the super hard things on my own. I have the promise of God that he is near the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18), and that there will be no more tears, death, mourning, crying nor pain in heaven (Rev. 21:4). So even through the super hard parts, I can find hope and joy.
The kids were super sweet on my actual birthday. First thing they were helping me celebrate. They made me breakfast and sang happy birthday to me.
And they got me gifts. 
The funny part is that I had bought a big tub of gel pens a few months ago for a backup birthday gift for someone. I had decided that I was going to give it to Daisy for Christmas. She saw it on the gift shelf and decided I needed it for my birthday. 
My littlest was looking at the pens Zekers gave me and pointed out that they are the primary colors. I love when he spouts out facts he has learned at school that I had no clue he has learned.

I also received the sweetest card.
"Never could you be better! 'Jupilent!' Extraordinary! Once again, The Best!" 💖

As we were driving to school 'Feliz Navidad' came on the radio. Lijee decided we needed to change the words for this day to sing,  ðŸŽµ"I wanna wish you a happy birthday!"🎶 
So we did.

I had a lovely lunch date with my favorite.
Then we topped the day enjoying a lot fondue and then venturing around Sundance Square.
My little family and my wonderful monther-in-law made my birthday 'extraordinary!'

No comments: