Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Encore! - Gyeongsangnamdo Arboretum

After a working PTO lunch at a yummy Indian restaurant in Jinju, Alyis asked if we wanted to go to the Jinju Arboretum. Even though I had just seen the most beautiful autumn colors a couple days before, of course I jumped at the chance to go with Alyxis and Lotte. I mean, autumn is my favorite Korean season! We were on the backside of the peak leaf time, but it was still gorgeous.

Last time I was here I missed the bamboo forest.
This is petrified wood. The sign says silica wood is a Greek word meaning 'the tree became stone.' It claims 150 million years ago this wood became fossilized.
The date was November 7th (the 6th at home). I will remember this trip as election day. Alyxis and I kept pulling out our phones to check on the election results and Lotte was learning about the US election process. A friend's husband took the day off to watch the results and turn it into a drinking game. {I can't believe I never thought of that back in the day.} Tuesday night he stumbled to his taxi to go home. Wednesday morning he just had a hangover and the country still didn't know who the next president would be.
The US presidential situation may be up in the air, but the there is never a doubt that autumn in Korea is a sight to behold. 
[November 7]


 

No comments: