Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, December 06, 2020

College For A Day - IL Gajwasan, Jinju



 One of the reasons I enjoy  hiking with the IL is because we get to see new places all the time all within an hour or less. This particular day we met at Gyeonsang National University. GNU has three campuses, two in Jinju and one in Tonyeong. This one is the main campus and called Gajwa-Dong. There are about 24,500 students enrolled in 12 different colleges. The medical college is located next to GNU Hospital, the hospital that we go to for doctor appointments and kindney stone surgeries. 

That being said, we met in the general parking lot and walked across campus to the trail head.

Chuey always likes to be first in line on the hike.
Snack time!
Look at all the bicycles.
Those ears look like she's about to take flight.
An admirer of Chuey. Her son is a vet.
After the hike we had lunch at the student cafeteria. It was cheap, I'll say that. It was a buffet with kimchee, pickled beets, cold soups with sea creatures, other Korean foods, and scrambled eggs.  The ladies laughed at what little I had on my plate and asked, “You don’t like?” to which I answered, “I like scrambled eggs.”  At least I tried.
[November 10]

No comments: