Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Sozial Distanzing - Namhae German Village

One Sunday I talked the family into socially distancing at the German Village. It's only about 45 minutes away and I just wanted to drive through the countryside and enjoy the fresh air and beauty of spring.
My initial thoughts were to tell everyone to wear tennis shoes in case we saw a good hiking spot along the way.  Then I remembered, crutches. I have said it before and I'll say it again: this has been good timing for Daisy to break her leg. There have been many times that I have wanted to go outside to go hiking or sightseeing but then I remember, crutches. 

No one besides me was excited about our outing, so Abe bribed everyone with a pit stop for snacks. The dogs were excited to look around while the rest of the fam was inside. They are usually pretty cooperative when I ask them to pose, but they do not do too well at looking at the camera.
In the 70s Korea was overpopulated, so they sent about 8600 miners and 10,000 nurses to work in Germany in return for financial aid for a struggling Korea. A German village was constructed a few years ago with cheap land and construction subsidies to entice them to move back some 45 years later.
Namhae German Village is a quaint little town with bunches of little white houses with red tiled roofs overlooking the bay.  
Upon arrival we realized, crutches. It is all located on a hill.
Even walking the streets is pretty tough on crutches. We didn't really want to mingle with others because that would not be sozially distanzing, so I guess it wasn't a big deal that we couldn't get out to explore.
 Our only stop was for lunch.  We kept it on the patio, far from the other table of patrons. Of course, the restaurant was on a hill and had stairs that Daisy had to maneuver.
Darn, if only we had remembered to wear our lederhosen.
The weather was a beautiful spring day and the sights along the way did not disappoint.
It was die guten tag
[April 5]

No comments: