Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, April 06, 2020

Happy Covid-14

Well, for being a non-eventful birthday, this will certainly be a birthday to remember. Our first and hopefully only birthday spent social distancing.
I planned a special birthday breakfast but didn't have to make it because, teenager. This is what he spent the few hours of his morning that he was awake doing.
Birthday lunch request--nachos.
Zekers asked me to surprise him with a birthday cake, so we had molten lava cake a la mode.
I have learned that when I am stuck at home on social isolation for weeks on end, I break up the boredom with new recipes. Last week I served homemade bread bowls with potato chowder--who knew?!
Enough of my culinary prowess. Back to Zekers' birthday. This is pretty much how he and Elijah spent his birthday. They laughed and screamed and thoroughly enjoyed their day together.
Birthday dinner was supporting Zeke's restaurant; he's now part owner of McDonald's. For the record, I feel the need to explain that when in America, we do not like to eat at McDonald's. But it definitely  beats kimchee.
My boy sure has grown and matured over the past year. He's kind of a man-child now.
I definitely get the teen scowls and attitude these days. But I also get the giggles and intellect and gooofiness and humor and empathy and his kind heart.
[April 4]

No comments: