Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, April 10, 2020

A Socially Distant Spring Break

The previous week and the week of spring break the public was asked to 'strengthen our social distancing campaign.' Not the best timing to be stuck at home. I was hoping to maybe go to the zoo or botanic gardens or something outside away from groups. But since we were upping our social distancing game I cancelled our plans. Turns out, even though Daisy got her leg cast off and is in a boot, she can't walk very far on her crutches yet because there is not much need to use them in the house and she hasn't practiced much. 
This is pretty much sums up our week:
There was also some video gaming involved, 
as well as family movies with popcorn and soda.
I ordered a few new board games for spring break. I figured if we were stuck at home, at least we could mix things up with new games. That's living life on the edge there, folks.
One afternoon I drug the kids out to take some cherry blossom pictures. (I'll post more details on that later.)
 We wrapped up that outing with ice cream from McDonald's. I was feeling brave and was going to try the drive through. However, as I was at the window and she was speaking to me in Korean and I couldn't find the pictures we wanted, I ignored the lady and I continued to drive straight through without ordering. We went inside and placed our order from the interactive screen where no conversation takes place. But we ate on the patio and not inside the restaurant, so there's that.
One of the highlights of the week was A Slice Of Murder. We were livin' la vida loca for the afternoon by inviting a few of our neighbors (6 to be exact) to join our murder mystery dinner.
It was a fun afternoon and I think the kids were all very happy to talk to someone other than their family members for the day.
From left to right we have the comedian, the Father, the librarian, the historian, the restauranteur, the businessman, the heiress daughter, and the equestrian.
And that sums up our week. Possibly our lamest spring break to date. But it will not be one forgotten.

No comments: