Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Some Pig

This fall Zeke's Advanced Theatre class performed Charlotte's Web. None other than our own Ezekiel Daniels earned the lead of Wilbur! We didn't count the lines, but there were a lot. He was pretty much on stage the entire play. I am obviously a little biased, but he was 
phenomenal! They performed 4 shows. Even though he hated his costume and his shoes were pinching his toes, he nailed each and every performance.
Getting that pink pig glow.
"Papa. Please don't kill it. The pig couldn't help being born small, could it?"
"Check out the pink in the cheeks."
"This  is my friend the Gander Gander Gander."
"But I only see one Gander. You introduced me to 3."
"You know why they want to make you fat and tender, don't you?"
"No, I don't."
"I had grand plans. Breakfast. Nap indoors. Nap outdoors. Dig a hole. Fill up hole. Lunch. Sleep. Scratch itchy places. Visit Fern. Supper."
"I think I'll give you a second dose, just for good measure."
"Attention please. Will the party who just spoke to me make himself or herself known?
"Oh, hello. What are salutations?"
"That's a fine spider and I'm gonna capture it."
"Were you serious when you promised you would keep them from killing me?"
"If I can fool a bug I can surely fool a man."
"He's quite a pig."
"If we are to save Wilbur's life I will have to write more words. And I need new ideas."
"The message is spun. I've come to the end. The job that I've done is all for my friend."
"It's beautiful."
"You better not forget the friendship of ole Templeton who just happened to be at the dump all night looking for words to save you."
"Everybody stand in front of me so the others won't notice that I'm writing if they come back in before I finish."
"I have an announcement you can print in the newspaper. 
I'm going to enter this pig in the County Fair. If he can win a blue ribbon, I guarantee we'll never make ham and bacon out of him."
"Say cheese!"
"Did someone say cheese?!"
"Is the pig next door better than me...I mean bigger?"
"Charlotte, I never feel lonely when you're here.
Even if the worst happens, I will never forget you."
"Look! There's the new word. Charlotte! You've done it again!"
And what's that up there? It looks like cotton candy."
"Charlotte, you don't seem very happy about this."
"I guess it's because I'll never see my children."
"Edith, give the pig his buttermilk bath."
"There's a special prize for Mr. Homer Zuckerman."
"What's the trouble with your pig, Zuckerman?"
"He's alright. He gets these spells. He's modest and can't stand praise."
"We award the bronze medal, which far outshines any blue ribbon,  to this terrific, this radiant, this humble pig, the star attraction of our County Fair!"
"Wilbur, I forgot to tell you how proud I am of you. I knew from the very first day that you were some pig."
"Oh Charlotte, why did you do this for me?"
"You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing."
"They're here! They're here!"
"The spiders. They hatched. All five hundred and fourteen of them. Look!"
"Oh look. They're floating away on little clouds of silk."
"Wait! Don't go! Won't you please stay?"
"This is wonderful. Wonderful! Salutations to you, too."
"I hereby dedicate my medal to the memory of dear Charlotte whom I will never forget."
"It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friends and a good writer. 
Charlotte was both."
Zeke just happened to stand in between 2 of the tallest kids for bows. He's on his tippies.
Credit to the sound and light crew.
His Sister was so proud she ran on stage to give him a hug.
The little brother, too.
Fern and her pig
Charlotte and her friend Wilbur
Grannie changed her plans so she could be there.
I could not be more proud of my terrific, radiant, humble Zekers. 

No comments: