Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, August 20, 2021

LiberAT-V - Sancheong

National Liberation Day has been observed in both North and South Korea since the liberation from Japanese occupation from 1910-1945. It is called 광복절  Gwangbokjeol which translates to 'the day the light returned' because the nation was retored in 1948 from the dark rule of Japan. It is important to note that it is referred to as restoration day and not independence day, because Korea was restored in 1945 and not founded. This year, August 15th became an official legal holiday, meaning Daddy got Monday off and school started on Tuesday instead of Monday.

We went back to the same area where we had rafted the week before in Sancheong to drive ATVs. Whilst waiting to meet up with the guide I took a couple pictures of us.
The wind was blowing my hair, so Abe and I had to snap a model pic.
Aren't these the cutest little ATVs you have ever seen? They were tiny little things.
We thought Eli was going to be able to drive, but at the last minute they told us he would have to ride double.
First we had a quick tutorial.
Then we were off!
I didn't get many pictures because I was busy driving. But we did stop to pose once.
Eli didn't like it when I got my phone out to drive one-handed.
What a fun way to wrap up summer.
[August 16]

No comments: