Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Cherry Blossoms! - Seonjin and Suyang Parks

This is the time of year for the gaenari, or forsythia, to bloom. Cheuy and I found a great patch on our morning walk.



It was the 9th grade online day so Linda and I had our kids school together so we could go check on the spring blossoms. They were nearly at their peak and so pretty! 

First we checked out Seonjin Park, which is what we local expats call the Sacheon Fortress. It is known for its cherry blossom trees and people come from all around to see them. The blooms are short-lived, so there is always a big crowd when the blooms are out.
Between being early in the day and mid-week there weren't too many visitors, which made for pretty pictures.
The yellow forsythia was a pretty contrast with the pink cherry blossoms.
This picture made my heart a little sad because I have a fond memory of accidentally discovering the fortress with Frito and Chuey. We miss our big dog.
The girls and I were on a super long walk that day because it was my brother's birthday. I miss my brother, too.
Back to cherry blossoms. I like how several of the trees have twisty trunks.
Linda and I weren't done soaking in the beautiful blossoms, so we went to Suyang Park next. Some local expats also call this Sacheon Fortress, so we have to clarify which one--the fortress by the water, or the fortress with the three-story pavillion?
I also thought of Frito here, because this was one of her last family outings.
This park does not have as many cherry trees as the other fortress, but it does have a few. 
I like this tree because it is so big.
I also like this big tree. If you look closely you can see my little dog sitting on it. This tree is 500 years old!
Spring is such a great season.
[March 24]

No comments: