Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Suspense Is Killing Me - Chaegyesan Pedestrian Suspension Bridge, Sunchang

 If you have wondered, "What does the longest suspension bridge in South Korea look like?", and I'm sure you have, you need to wonder no more. Over Seollal, the Asian New Year, we took a day trip to Sunchang to see it for ourselves. 

I am trying to slowly trick the kids to get back to hiking again. I told them we were going to see the longest suspension bridge and walk across it. The night before Linda mentioned that we would see them in the morning to go hiking. Daisy was like, "HIKING?!" I innocently told them I wasn't sure how close the parking lot was and how much hiking we would have to do to get to the bridge, which was totally true. I just left out the part that I assumed we would have to hike up to the bridge.

As it turned out, there wasn't any hiking involved to reach the bridge, just a lot of stairs.
No worries, though. There were a little rest stops on the way up.

We were not satisfied with just climbing the stairs to the longest suspension bridge in Korea. First we continued the stairs right on up to the view from the top.
If you look closely you can see little rock climbers and a bicyclist on that big rock.
I love the rock stacks you always see on the mountains. I added my 'good luck' rock to this pile.
The pictures of the piles are never as aesthetic as the actual piles.
This was our first view of the bridge as we breezed on by to the way up.
We made it up there! The bridge looked small from up here.
From up high we could view Chaegyesan Mountain and the Seomjingang River.
That little building would eventually be our last stop.
From here we went up a little further.
This was the view facing the opposite direction.
That is Francesca down there.
Here we did a little off roading to get to the very tip peak.

I think someone put a stick under that big rock, and then someone else, and someone else...
Here is the view from the peak. Pictures don't capture the 'purple mountains majesty.' They just keep going on and on.
I like how there are three peaks that line up with each other at the top. In the middle you can see the little pagoda where would be making our way to.
Chuey was a little freaked out on the bridge.
The Chaegyesan Suspension Bridge is only about a year old. At 270m long and 90m above the ground, it is the longest suspension bridge in South Korea. The floor is made of mesh steel so you can see the small stream and the busy road beneath you. It seemed to freak some people out a bit too.
The bridge actually swayed a bit. Kinda felt like you were stumbling drunk. Not that I would know anything about that.
Yep. He's still my favorite.
My big boy is coming across the bridge.
And that was a tour of the longest hanging bridge in South Korea.
[February 11]

No comments: