Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Finally Getting Out! - Sangjogam County Park

 I haven't been out exploring much recently because, Covid. Plus there is hybrid school, poor air quality, cold, errands. But I finally got out this week! Twice!

My friend Kate and I went to Sangjogam County Park, which is not even 30 minutes away. Chuey came along, too.
Sangjogam is across the way from the dinosaur museum that that kids and I went to the first summer we were here. You can barely see the white dino neck coming up from the middle of this picture.
Along the path we came along a little cemetery. I still wonder why their mounds are circles instead of rectangles. And the mounds never settle into flat land.
Look how pretty turquoise that water is!
All those things in the water are fishing floats on nets. You can see even more a little ways back in the picture.

There was a rando little military post we stumbled upon on the walk. These military boats were docked in the harbor.
I love all the rock formations up close on the shore and far back in the water.
The next day was another gorgeous afternoon, so I drug the kids there, kicking and screaming (them, not me). The fresh air and exercise is good for them, but they do not believe me.  At least Chuey was happy to be on the outing.

Another view of the dinosaur museum in the background.
The view from the lookout.
Look how clear that water is. It was also very cold.
I love the little sea creatures that grow in the tide pools in the rocks.

Chuey isn't content if she is not first in line.

Look at that tongue.
Look at those ears.  
Now that I am aware that other parts of Korea were formed by volcanic eruptions, I can tell when I see rocks that were formed by lava.
The surface of these rocks look like bubbles of lava popped and left the outline.
I was exploring more lava rock but the three of them decided it was time to turn back and go home.
Everyone has a different perspective regarding the same event. I might have been the only one who felt this way, but I thought it was a lovely afternoon exploring with the kids.
[February 6]

No comments: