Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Just A-Swingin - Seolri Skywalk

 Another beautiful day off for Seollal was not wasted on us! We and the Ts decided to check out the new swing in Namhae. 

We were not the only ones who did not want to waste the beautiful afternoon indoors. We had a little time to waste before it was our turn.
The main attraction is the skywalk.
The middle of the bridge consists of glass so you can see all the way down to the ground below. The glass made many people nervous to walk on, my Biggy BooBoo being one of them.
The view from the skywalk is gorgeous and the glass bottom is intriguing.
But the swing is the thrilling part!
The guy pushed Zekers really high. You can see how he is jumping to get a good push. When he does that the bystanders all gasp.
Before you start they strap you in with a harness, sort of like when you zip line. I would have been scared without it and terrified to let my kids go without it. But with it I was not frightened for me nor my kids.
The Daiser is a little conservative when it comes thrills, but she will not be left behind. I am always amazed how she faces her fears head-on.
Truth be told, I was a little disappointed because she didn't totally freak out. It makes me and Zeke laugh and laugh when she's totally scared, but she wasn't scared at all once it started.
She even let go for a picture.
As I was soaring out over the water it made me wish I could fly.
Shortly after we got home I got a call from contact tracing. Their records showed that Abe, Daisy and I had attended a wedding 13 days prior, which we had. Many places like restaurants, hair dressers and wedding halls (I know these places in particular because those are the ones I have been to) have you sign in for instances such as this. Someone had just tested positive for the Rona, and to error on the side of caution they went back to her activity two weeks ago, which included Jeon Hun's wedding. The Ts had attended the same wedding with us. We were pretty sure that since none of the six of us had any symptoms from a possible exposure 13 days prior that we had not contracted the virus. Regardless, the testing center was closed by the time they called on Friday. We scheduled a test first thing Saturday morning but we had to self-isolate the rest of Friday as well as 24 hours after the test until our results arrived. If you have positive results, you go to a government facility to quarantine for a minimum of two weeks, I think. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. It's a big deal. So while I was pretty confident that none of us had it, I was just a little nervous about it. I was also glad we had ventured out on Thursday and Friday since we just became home-bound.

The tests were performed in a little portable building outside City Hall. Right after we arrived at the testing site Abe's two Korean bosses showed up, too. The wedding was one of Abe's co-workers and the bosses had attended, as well. Turned out handy having them there to help translate. That's Abe inside getting his test.
Abe had had a test before his procedure a few weeks before, and the Ts had had two tests after returning from the US over Christmas, but it was me and Daisy's first time. We had heard stories of it being a bit painful, so we were a little nervous. Just like the swing, Daisy took it like a champ.
Twenty-four hours later, as soon as they opened, we got texts saying we were negative. Now Daisy and I know what a Covid test feels like. (It is not pleasant, but bearable.) We also know the relief when it says negative. Like soaring on the wings of eagles.
[February 12]

No comments: