Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Daisy's A Dozen

Twelve. My Daisy's twelve.
Eli and I started her birthday with a little decorating.
She had asked for a special table cloth (which I could not find) so I surprised her with a homemade one.
 Daisy and I went shopping for decor. There is not a lot to find here, so we made our own birthday banner.
 P-A-R-T-why?
Because we gotta!
 Daisy and Chuey were (im)patiently waiting for her guests to arrive.
 They made it!
 Lunch out was McDonald's. I know, you're thinking, "Eww." Don't judge. Eleven months ago I thought the same thing. But when your options are kimchee or squid, McDonald's suddenly tastes a whole lot better.

After lunch us girls went to get mani's. I did not know you needed a reservation. Luckily there were several salons all within walking distance of each other and we found one that took us in on the fourth try.
 We got a chocolate 'service' drink.
 The finished product.
 The girls played a fun game like Telephone but with drawing. The end person draws something on the next person's back, then the middle person copies it, and finally the front person draws the same thing.
 Then they compare. Those pictures are all the same picture.
 Lauryn, Daisy and Susie
 Daisy's request for dinner was spaghetti.
 The girls enjoyed the sunset from the rooftop.
Chocolate chip cookie cake a la mode with hot fudge sauce.
 The night ended in a sleepover.
Here are 12 things I love about my Daisy.
1) Her love of Jesus and her strong faith.
2) She has super neat handwriting and makes cute letters and graphics.
3) Her organizational skills. Not only does she keep a yearly planner, but she fills out everything in it and refers to it a lot.
4) Her lists. I actually might not love these; sometimes they drive me a little cray, especially if we are not doing things at the exact times that she listed. (Can you say 'Abe?')
5) Daisy strives to do what is right, and she expects others to do the same.
6) She is a wonderful student. Daisy always does her homework immediately. If there is an optional assignment, she will strive to do the extra, harder work. She always puts forth her best effort.
7) She remembers others on birthdays and holidays with special gifts and sweet notes.
8) My opinion stills matters to her. She asks it quite often. To be fair, she doesn't always take my opinion, but at least she asks.
9) We do girly things together: crafting, nails, tv, baking, shopping, etc.
10) Daisy loves to bake together. Then we love to eat it together.
11) She sets high goals for herself and is determined to achieve them.
12) She is one of my best friends.
[May 30]

No comments: