Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Beauty From Ashes

Our school is next to door to the public school. They usually have a break in February and start their new school year in March. It was delayed for about a month, and then they started online learning. For some reason (I can't tell you why) the education department decided to do a gradual return. Last week the seniors started. This week a few other classes are going back. Next week the final grades will join them. 

I was following a brother and sister holding hands this morning as I was walking to school with the kids. The little girl, kinder or first grade, sang out, "학교! 학교! 학교!” (School! School! School!) as she skipped down the hill towards the building. I stopped to get a rock out of my shoe and pick up doggy doodoo (🤪💩 ) so I lagged behind them. As I was starting back on my way the boy was heading back home alone. I thought, "Beauty from ashes."
First of all, how cute that the little girl was so excited to be going to school. Second of all, how sweet that the big brother held her hand and walked her to school even though he himself did not have to go.

This pandemic has rocked our worlds, some more than others. The lucky ones have just been inconvenienced, while others have lost their income, their businesses, and worst of all their loved ones. I don't think things will ever be the same as they were pre-covid. But watching the joy in this little girl this morning and the gentleness of her big brother reminded me that in time there will be beauty from ashes.
[May 28]

No comments: