Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Sew Much Fun!

Daisy likes to receive adventures as gifts for us to do together. This Christmas is was a sewing class! 
Daisy has been wanting to learn to sew for awhile now. I haven't sat at a sewing machine since Home Ec. I just celebrated my 30th class reunion, so clearly it's been a few years. I found a sewing class and thought it would be fun.
We started with the basics. Threading the machine, winding a bobbin, loading the bobbin, taking on and off the foot, etc.
 Then it was finally time to let 'er rip! Not the stitches. We didn't need to rip out our stitches.
 We sewed paper. First we did straight lines and corners. Then we added in a backstitch. After that we graduated to curvy lines. I was better at the straight lines while Daisy was better at the curvy ones.
On our way to the car Daisy declared that it was a fun experience, but she did not like it for a hobby. Glad I bought a class and not a machine.

I love our little adventures together!

No comments: