Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Zekers Finishes One Chapter and Starts The Next

My first born is growing up and he's making us to proud!
My boy who cannot read enough finished his second chapter of life. Elementary school is now behind him and he's ready to start his  next chapter: middle school. He has had a wonderful experience in elementary. He has been a great student...not one trip to the principal's office for bad behavior, high grades, good friends, successful in academic events as well as the fine arts, Ann Brannon award recipient, and high honors on his STAAR tests (a perfect reading score at that). I couldn't have asked for more.

Well, I can ask for more. I hope he still remembers his love for his momma, even when he's embarrassed by me. I hope he remembers how much I love him, even when it's tough love. I hope he always tries his best in life and can be proud of his effort. I hope he always chooses to be kind, even when others are not. I hope he always loves Jesus and shines His light for others around him.
***
The Carlson promotion ceremonies were short and sweet.
 
Zeke was on his elimination diet; he was a trooper and ate his gluten-free cupcakes instead of the gluten-full ones.
Isaac, Darius, Ethan, Grant, Grant, Jonah and Zeke
Zeke, Darius, Wyn, Grant 
Best Buds
We celebrated at lunch with these boys' small group leader, Will.
 Here's to finishing this chapter and starting a great middle school experience!

No comments: