Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, May 19, 2017

Camp Carter

I love going on field trips with my kiddos, especially when they are coming to an end. The good thing about 5th grade field trips is that by this point a lot of parents are kind of over it, so I've been able to tag along to all of Zeke's this year. Yay!

This time we went to Camp Carter. It was a beautiful day and we spent the whole time outside.

First we learned about local fossils and went on a fossil hunt.
After that we learned about the local food chain. The kids had to scoop up some mud and dig through it to find living stuff. Obviously they enjoyed it.
Next we shot bows and arrows. I participated and even hit the target a few times.
After lunch we went on a 2-mile hike through the woods. I learned that the yucca plant is not native to Texas, but brought up with the cattle drives.
I love getting to spend the day with my Zekers!


No comments: