Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Trust

It's shortly past midnight and I can't sleep. My mind is racing, yet it's numb and thoughtless all at the same time. It's been two years almost to the hour my family's world was shattered. Two years since I've seen my brother or heard his voice.

Gosh, I miss him. The way he and my Dad would work together. The way he'd be the first to say, "Good supper, Ma." The way he would call us girls Marshy and Trink.  The way he loved his daughters fiercely. I miss my big brother.

When God talks to us, we often miss it. So he repeats things until we get it. Three or four times in the past week I have heard someone say that it's not up to us to question God. There are some things that we don't understand and it's not our job to understand them. We just need to trust God and believe his love for us. 

As I was lying in bed tonight unable to sleep I realized He has been purposefully telling me this all week and I just got it.

Through my tears I am trusting Him. Believing that He is with me, wanting to comfort me and bind my broken heart. I just need to let Him.


'The Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.' Deuteronomy 31:6

'For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.' 2 Corinthians 1:5

'Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.' Matthew 5:4

'He heals the brokenhearted and binds their wounds.' Psalm 147:3

No comments: