Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Teachable Moments

We were in the car and the topic of my backup camera came up and the fact that my car is cooler than Daddy's because he doesn't have a backup camera.  I explained that his car was older so it didn't have one; his new car would, but it will be awhile before he gets it because we need to save for it.  I saw a teachable moment to discuss living debt-free, as well as explaining how interest works.  Since we were in the car and they were strapped in,  I had a captive audience, or so I thought.  After my long explanation I was feeling pretty good about teaching life lessons.

"Whenever I ask a question why do we always have to have a talk?"   I couldn't see Zeke's face as I was driving, but if I could have it probably looked something like this:
So much for teachable moments.

No comments: