Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Aaaaaaaand Scene.

It was on like Donkey Kong today-- I finally got to be on set of a TV show!  Late last night I got an email to be an extra on the set of Dallas.

Super fun!  I was in the executive board scene.  So I went to wardrobe first.  We brought our own clothes and they tweaked them.  A different shirt, a broach, some earrings to match, a necklace for my 2nd outfit.
After changing a couple times in the extras trailer (they kept changing their minds about what outfit I needed first), I got hair and make up done.  How fun is that?!
They have the trailers in a parking lot, so next we got on a van to go to the set.  It was shot at the Keyhole Building on the 46th floor.  There was an outside scene getting ready when I arrived.
First thing as I get out of the van, who do I see but Lare-Bear himself.  Oh, I guess if you're not in the biz know him as Larry Hagman, aka JR Ewing.
We did several takes of 'the board' exiting and the stars dialoging afterwards, including Larry.  We sat around a lot, changed outfits, sat around, had some lunch in a church across the street with the lawn boy who was in Desparate Housewives and is on this show now, went back and shot another board room scene, saw Patrick Duffy, or Bobby Ewing, and that was a wrap.
It was especially fun to be on this particular set and see JR and Bobby because it reminded me of my Daddy and our Friday night dates watching the show as a kid.

Big props to my mother-in-love who got a call at 10:30 the night before and dropped everything she had planned to watch the kids for me.  You're the best, Vivi!

Oh, and I think this will be aired on season 2, episode 2 of Dallas on TNT sometime in January.

Cut!

1 comment:

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

How fun is that? You little actress, you! Hey, I'm your newest follower ;-) I've gotta keep up with all your acting gigs. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Nici