Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bluebonnets

It's bluebonnet time in Texas!  That wonderful time of the year when you know spring has sprung.  Being a native Kansan, my Lone Star comrades will be pleased to know that I am raising my children to be authentic Texans.  We venture out to memorialize the coming of spring with our annual and obligatory bluebonnet pic (well, our  picture session--tomayto tomahto).  And Daisy would make you darn-right proud.  She points out every single patch of bluebonnets to me as we drive down the highway almost as well as she points out the po-po's.  After taking pictures this year I read them The Legend of The Bluebonnet.  The Daiser was quick to point out that the little girl picked a bluebonnet and she isn't supposed to do that.  That's right, most Texans believe it's illegal to pick one of those little flowers (it's not, but these people down here are cray-cray, I tell you.)

No comments: