Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Just Add Candy-Filled Plastic Eggs

Take a bunch of normal people, add candy-filled eggs, and watch the instant metamorphosis into crazed, greedy, irrational freaks.  I'm not pointing fingers here, just pointing out the truth.

As we approached the site of the egg hunt last weekend, I caught myself giving egg-searching advice to my own children:  Don't try to get eggs where everyone else is, go to an area without many other children.  Why?  Why would I tell them that?  They are going to get more than enough candy, so why do I feel the need to give them tips on getting the most candy possible?

I am not alone in this terrible transmutation.  The lines leading to the hunt were crazy.  I was slightly behind Abe as we were walking to the field and I watched in amazement as this other lady was speed walking dragging her little child in tow to try to get around him.  The organizers asked us to scoot back from the edge of the ball field to the wall, and parents were both visibly and audibly distressed.  One man kept stating that no parents should be allowed on the field.  And, as hard as it is to admit, in my head I was all like, "Uh, of course I am going on the field to help my 14-month old get candy-filled plastic eggs."  Like my 14-month old really needs candy-filled plastic eggs.

I did take a step back from the insanity in order to document the Easter Egg Hunt of 2012 with a few pictures.
I can't explain it, but it happens.  Otherwise normal people will transform.  If you go to any Easter egg hunts this weekend, just watch.  You might even find yourself mutating into one of those crazed parents trying to help your children get the most candy-filled plastic eggs as possible.

No comments: