Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm Not A Nurse, But I Play One On TV

I almost got to say that for real today.  Almost.

I was called to the set of the new 'Dallas' series to be a nurse.  We even got to go to wardrobe, which was actually a trailer in the parking lot of a medical building.
That was my changing trailer at the end there.  I walked past the stars' trailers (no, I didn't get to see JR, Bobby or Sue Ellen in person but their trailers were there).  Here I am, hanging with my fellow RN pals.  I look pretty nursey, huh?
 They had shot a scene earlier in the day, and were wrapping it up.  One minute they were planning on moving the cameras and stuff to our room to shoot, the next thing you know they were sending us home.   Not sure why the scene was canceled.

Last week I was an extra for the reality show 'Big Rich Texas.'  We were sitting at tables in the bar area and supposed to move around in the background.  Our table was by the wall and a potted plant was between the table and the wall, so I had to walk right behind the table where they were filming.  I'm pretty sure my big o' butt got on film;  we'll see if the camera really adds 10 pounds.  :)

That film scene was fun, but it didn't have "Scene 2, take 5.  action!" kind of stuff, nor any movie stars.  And this time I went to wardrobe and I was going to be a nurse!  It was so fun while it lasted...

They are needing extras for the next episode, so we should get called back.  Hopefully I'll be able to make it on the little screen then.  I will let you know if I get on #109 (that's biz talk for season 1, episode 9).

I was so close, ya'll.  So close.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Fun!!! Dallas was my favorite show (that and Miami Vice) growing up. I know, strange for a little kid but I loved it! Too bad you didn't get to see J.R. - maybe next time.