Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

We Are Fam-i-ly

Had a fantastic Labor Day weekend with the fam!  The kids had some hard-core play with a few of their cousins.  Here they are with Landon (my cousin Justin's boy). 
While Elijah and Gavin spent some quality time together,
Justin took Abe, Zeke, Daisy and Landon wheelin on the ORV trails where they went over big rocks and up steep hills.  I would have bet money that Daisy was going to be scared and cry, but they said she just laughed the whole time.  She said it was so bumpy she couldn't even go to sleep.
They also got to have a sleep-over with Reika and Crystal. 
And they did lots of playing at the 'park'.
  This was the first trip with 3 kids and a dog.  Frito Pie was a great little traveler.  She doesn't come when you call her yet -we're working on that- and she's an absolute nutter when she gets loose.  I thought we might never see her again, but we let her run loose anyways.  That dog barely stopped running the first 12 hours.  But she kept coming back, tail wagging.  She was ecstatic. 
When we first adopted her I felt bad that she didn't have a say if she came to live with us or not.  And when I saw how happy she was when she was running free, I thought she would rather live at my parents.  But Sunday night we went to Steve's for a couple hours and left her at the folks'.  Later that night when I was packing our suitcases she was laying right beside me on the floor. 
I said it was like she didn't want to get left.  The next morning when Abe was loading the car I thought for sure she was going to run off when she realized we were going to catch her to put her in.  But she went downstairs and got in the van all by herself and sat in there waiting for us.
We are her family!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awww...I love that you worried about Frito Pie not getting a vote about coming to live with you (I thought about that when I adopted my cat, too), but that she obviously loves your family and wants to be with y'all! So sweet. For some reason, she reminds me of the artist's drawing of Winn Dixie on the cover of Because of Winn Dixie (different color, though).