Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Can't See The Speck of Sawdust in Your Eye Because Of The Plank In My Foot

Zeke cried just a tad when he stepped on something outside, and then told me he got a hole in his foot.  I was a little amused at the flair for drama until I saw it.  There really was a hole in his foot.
We dug and dug to no avail.  My husband is a pretty smart guy and sometimes he thinks way out of the box.  He taped one of the funnel-type things from a Dr. Brown's bottle on the end of the vacuum hose and tried to suck it out.
Yeah, that one didn't work.  Here is Daisy, waiting outside the door because the vacuum is too loud.
And here is Elijah, providing some pole dancing entertainment for us.
Next Abe tried to suck it out.
That one didn't work, either.  After more than an hour we called it quits for the night.  Abe was considering trying super glue next.  I thought maybe we should try the doctor.  We had a bit of a wait since we were worked in.  Mmm hmm.  Those are my children lying on the floor of the doctor's office.
It finally came out (without the use of super glue).  That piece of wood was over 1/4 inch long.  Yikes!  No wonder poor little Zekers was hurting.


1 comment:

Tales from the treetops said...

Ouch! Poor guy, glad you got it all out. Loved all the removal ideas.