Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, October 07, 2024

Take Flight, My Little Eagle

The weekend prior to move in, The Richmonds had a going away party for Xavier and Zeke.
 
The daddies and the boys...
and the mommas and the boys.
The night before move in day my heart was full as I listened to all three kids playing games together and just laughing and laughing.
Taking family pics before we left is where I got emotional.
It was this last picture of DanFam5.1 that really got me. I may have went in the bathroom and cried after taking this. I rallied quickly though.
This is all the stuff Zeke brought to college.
Here he is, walking into his new habitation.


Greg and Nicole were moving in Xavier at the same time. The room is pretty small, but neither of the boys brought much, so we weren't really on top of each other.
The goodbyes were hard.
It made me feel better that Zeke was rooming with a good friend. The thought of endless sleepovers reassured me that he is getting ready to embark on the time of his life.
[August 8]

Update: The boys moved in a week before school started to attend First Flight, which is like freshman camp. Zeke was in the top left part of the N with lots of other freshmen.

No comments: