Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, October 03, 2024

Spreading His Wings

 Zeke and I attended Take Flight, the new student orientation at UNT. 
When we very first arrived he let me sneak a picture in because there were not very many people around to see.
Kids and parents sat together for about ten minutes at the very first meeting, then we did our own thing for the next two days. 

"Scrappy"
The first evening I asked if he wanted to meet for dinner because we had the same schedule. I was happy to hear that he was sitting with his new friends. I caught him walking away with them afterwards.
Post edit: Zeke and Xavier are good friends with one of the kids he met this day.
Zeke stayed the night in the dorms, but I went home and back again the next day. He was in his actual dorm for next year, which is this one.
I had some extra time, so I wandered around campus.
After spending time on campus, I was not an apprehensive about sending him away. I think he felt better about it, too.
Get ready to take flight, my Zekers.
[July 25-26]

No comments: