Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, August 05, 2019

Spring Broke

DanFam5.2 + 1 packed our bags and headed to 
Broken Bow, OK for spring break.
 The first thing the kids did was check out the hot tub.
 It passed their inspection.
 My boy scouts built a fire for hot dogs and s'mores.
 We were in the great outdoors so these 2 girls got to join us too, along with Grannie.
Together time is the best time.
While hiking by the lake we had to jump across a stream.
Aww.
DanFam5.2
No, he's not peeing. At least I don't think he is.
Teenage angst.
This dog was in her element.
The 5 of us went zip lining. We all had a great time! But first we had to waste a little time before it was out turn.
Go time!
There goes the Daiser,
and the Daddy,
and the Lijee,
and the Zekers. As designated (self-appointed) photographer, no one got a picture of me.
As you can see, I was actually there.
Afterwards you get bragging rights by signing the bus.
Down time playing cards with Grannie.
The five of us went go-carting one morning.
Zeke got to drive himself.
Lijee rode with the Pops
and Daisy rode with me. Mistake. She gets motion sickness, and driving around and around in circles did not do her right.
Easy there, Pardner.
Looks like a little blue-tongued skink.
We found a petting zoo. Check out these adorable bunnies that we got to hug on.
You weren't supposed to hug on the chickens, but I did anyway.
I'm all about the lizards, but snakes, not so much. Zeke was fine with it.
Daisy wasn't so sure, but she faced her fears. I love that about her.
Chuey joined us for game time later in the day.
The whole gang--DanFam5.2 + 1.
Eli loves his sticks. He brings random sticks in his room all the time. I usually find one in the suitcase after we come home from my parents. He was happy with this one he found on our hike. [Sidenote: this post is a couple months behind. He kept this stick in the backyard until June. When another little boy broke it he cried. The broken part was packed in a suitcase and made it all the way to South Korea.]
Pretty little stream along our hike.
Good memories were made with my favorite people!
[March 9]

No comments: