Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Lake Is The Life For Me

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The lake is my happy place. We spent a weekend with our home group at Troy and Laura's lake house. It was pure bliss.
First of all, there were about a hundred kids there. And they all got along the whole weekend. #winning

Second of all, there was a boat.

Third of all, there was a tube for the kids.

Fourth of all, there were jet skis that I was 'delegated' to drive kids around on all day. #bonus
Fifth of all, there was a dock to park the boat and jet skis.
The dock was also great for lounging with all our friends.

Sixth of all, there was Berta.
Seventh of all, there was a kayak.
And a paddle board.
Eighth of all, there was a large yard for hammocks and kickball, which the dads were gracious enough to play with all 100 kids.
Ninth of all, and most importantly, there were great friends and good conversation.
There was that one time when Berta got away. The kids all jumped out of the boat to grab her.
Then they harnessed her as the boat drug her back to the dock.
There was also that time when Abe was the only one up early enough to catch the gorgeous sunrise. Luckily he is thoughtful enough to capture it for me to enjoy later in the day after I wake.
I love the lake.

No comments: