Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Springing Through Spring Break

We continued so spring break with an unexpected visitor.  One afternoon Frito Pie was in the living room giving Chuey a warning growl to stay the heck back. When I looked over to see what she had I thought it was a mouse. I was going to praise her after I made her take it outside. It was when she was outside and dropped it that I realized it was a baby bunny. Unfortunately the baby bunny did not survive. :( I don't know how I ended up with such a hunting dog. It really does make me sad to see all those dead animals.

Anyway, I told the kids to watch out just to make sure there weren't any more baby bunnies. Sure enough, Lijee came running up about 5 minutes later telling me Frito had another baby bunny in her mouth. She brought it to us. I commanded, "Drop it!" When she did, the baby bunny was alive! It began to spring around the patio and Lijee yelled to me and Frito, "Everybody scatter!" We wrestled the dog inside and were able to grab the baby bunny. 
Oh. My. Word. It was so cute!
We found the nest, which was now empty, and gathered some of the fur and grass to put in a shoe box.
Of course we took some time for everyone to love on it.
We came across the name of some random lady who takes in stray wildlife, rehabs it and releases it. Crisis diverted.
***
One day we went to The Flags with the Tapletts. 
Tracy is paranoid that someone will get lost so she tried to make us all buy matching hats. I put my foot down.
A couple of the kiddos went on the Aquaman. I did not want to get wet, but this little guy decided to stand on the water bridge to get even wetter. It was not a super warm day, but he did not complain of being cold.
Mommy and Lijee
 Zekers and Will
Daisy and Mattie
 girl ride
 boy ride
 late park riders
We took in this last ride while Tracy and Will brought the car around. I think we rode it 4 times in a row. Goofy kids.
***
Spring break was full of beautiful weather so the kids, the dogs and I took and adventure hike. At times it was dangerous, like on this big cliff we almost hiked.
 It was full of rough trails that we blazed ourselves.
 They thought they needed a short break.
 We stumbled upon some waterfalls. Little Eli is on the top in the middle when you look closely. Frito Pie is at the bottom in the middle.
 Zekers is blazing ahead.
 Daise is striking a pose.
 My littles helping each other across.
 You can see Lijee, Daisy, Zeke, Frito and Chuey are ready to get home.
 My Daisy and I like to collect fossils. This was our find of the day.
*** 
And then sometimes we were just bored.
You can just see the orneriness oozing from this picture.
My flowers are ready for spring.
 The doggies love having us home all day.
 And that pretty much concludes our spring break!

No comments: