Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, September 18, 2017

14 Years Made In The Shade

For our 14th anniversary we did some yard improvements. I had been wanting it for quite a while. After we put in the wrought iron fence it opened up the West Side Patio, but it was so sunny and hot. I had found a gazebo that I had my eye on. Patience paid off and I found it at 66% off! I think that has made me enjoy it 66% more!

Here is the before shot:
It was Friday afternoon of our anniversary weekend, so we popped open some cold drinks and started constructing!
The drink part may not have been the wisest choice since we were constructing large pieces of wood. The directions called for 4 people. Abe and I were sure that we could do it with the 2 of us. 'Cause you know, we're fit. And smart (when we're sober).
Neither of these two were a whole lot of help lifting the big stuff. But they're cute so it's OK.
 So far so good. We got the bases up and started adding the connecting bars across the top. We got the first 3 no problem. As we started to add the final one, in slow motion we watched it topple as I shouted, "Nnnnnooooooooo!"
After some thinking that may or may not have been clouded with drinks, we grabbed our neighbor to help and gave it a second try.
No luck. It toppled again, even with help. We gave it the ole college try and quit until the following day. The next morning, without any beverages, Abe was able to attach some extra support from the roof and did it all by himself before Eli and I even got up.
And the finished product!
 My view looking out, usually with my little doggy nearby.
We had to wait a few weeks to try out the fire pit because it was so ding dong hot. It was worth the wait! First a little Pie Face.
Roasting some mini marshmallows.
 Bring on the S'mores!
 Ending the evening with a sunset on the West Side Patio.

No comments: