Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Give Thanks In All Circumstances

Thanksgiving came and went this year, as it always does. We were reminded quite harshly that life goes on. It was very hard. However, when I stepped out of my little box and remembered that I am not here for my happiness, but God's holiness, I found comfort. And I was reminded to be thankful not only this Thanksgiving, but always.

…Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.    1 Thessalonians 5:18

I am thankful for God's plan of salvation for us so that none should perish but all have eternal life. I am thankful Jesus died for our sins, defeated death by rising again, so that those who trust in him will one day do the same, coming face to face not only with all our loved ones again one day, but our Heavenly Father who loves us even more than we can comprehend.

I am also thankful for so many amazing people I am blessed to call family, both near and far, those pictured and not pictured.
Even though I miss my brother fiercely, I know that one day we will again be together. This makes me thankful in all circumstances.

No comments: