Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Daddy's Boy

My precious baby is, without a doubt, a Daddy's boy.  Ninety-eight percent of the time if given a choice between Mommy or Daddy, it's Daddy.  I'm not gonna lie, it kinda stung at first.  Thank goodness Daisy is a Mommy's girl and Zeke won't even choose a favorite color, let alone a favorite parent.
Back to my littlest.  He is a man's man in all sense of the word.  None of the following examples will come as a shock to a mother of boys--you've been there, done that.  However, I'm going to share a few examples in case you only have girls, your kids are grown and it's been awhile since you've heard little boy talk, or you don't have any little people of your own.  If you know my Lijee you won't be surprised.  If you don't have the pleasure of knowing this little guy personally, here is some insight into his psyche.
•Everytime we're in Target and pass the bra section he happily exclaims, "There's my boobies!"  He then proceeds to motorboat the foam-shaped ones.
•Eli: Ow, my butt hurts.
 Daddy:  Cuz you're poking it with your fork.
 Eli:  Oh.
•One day in the car he informed us he was going to poop his pants. "Poooop.  Poooop.  Daisy, can you smell that?"
•He told me with pride today, "My penis is REALLY big right now."
•Me:  Elijah, what kind of party do you want?
 Eli:  A butt party.
 Me:  OK
 Eli:  What's a butt party?
•Holding a mannequin hand at the store: I'm walkin' with my girlfriend.
•Me:  Eli, why do you always say butt?
 Eli:  I love saying butt.  It's my favorite word.
I pray that boy develops a filter before he goes to school, or I have a feeling he and I will be spending some time together in the principal's office.
However, every now and then I get a bit of sugar from this little man.  He recently whispered to me, "I love you, Mommy.  You're the best."
{my heart melted a little right then}

No comments: