Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pie (squared)

One morning this week I dropped Eli off at Grannie's.  As I was leaving I was greeted by this cute little doggy at my car.  I patted it and it was so friendly that I scooped it up in my arms and went back inside to show Eli the cute little puppy.

Upon my return a few hours later, not only did I find Grannie and Eli outside enjoying the beautiful day, but there was that little doggy, still hanging around, tail still wagging just as fast.  She skipped over to see me.  My heart melted as I watched Eli run around and this precious little doggy just hopped along after him, tail wagging, happiness exuding from both of them.

It was shortly after that Vivi dropped the bomb--that sweet little doggy appeared to be pregneck (as Daisy says it).  That explained why a dog as tame and sweet as her had no collar.  Knocked up and kicked out.  How sad is that???  Too sad for this pet lover.  I sent my hubs a few pictures and videos and asked if we could bring it home.  To my amazement he said ok.  Of course, I left out the preggars part.  I thought I would let him see how cute and sweet she was first.

I sent some pictures to the Humane Society and we posted a few in the neighborhood.  If someone is out there heartbroken that they lost this sweet little thing I hope we connect.  Unfortunately I don't think that's the case.

This cute lil punkin doesn't let me get more than 2 feet from her.  She is a true lap dog.  I must admit it makes me feel like my grandma as I sit here typing holding my doggy on my lap (especially since Grandma had chihuahuas and this is some sort of chihuahua).  She just wants a person to call her own and love on her.  She's a beautiful golden fall color, therefor we have decided to call her Punkin Pie.  You know, to go with Frito Pie.
It is at this point that the doggy and I are giving each and every one of you those big puppy eyes.  Can you help us out and find a few puppies a home?  Please?

No comments: