Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

The Dog Days of Summer are here and life at the Daniels' house has been rather uneventful the past couple weeks.  Guess that 's a good thing, right?  Lemme break it down for ya.

Here's what Elijah has been up to:
He has started telling me 'potty' and pointing to his nappy.  It's even been big potty twice.  So there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this whole diaper-thing.  Eventually.

One day he came up behind me and kept insisting, "Hat.  Hat.  Hat.  Hat."  When I turned around and looked he was sporting Daisy's new hat and feeling pretty hawt.
I keep asking him to show me where his body parts are, to no avail.  One day he was putting his sippy cup on the counter and it dropped on his eye.  "Owww.  Eye.  Eye.  Eye."  So he does know some body parts, just not on my command.

Daisy:
Daisy was sent to her room for some poor choices with instructions not to come out.  We could  hear her thinking out loud.  "Why won't people let me come out of here?"
The Daiser has enjoyed watching mengastics on the Olympics.  She also got some pail nolish on her fingers.  And she plays with her friend Jophus.

Zeke The Streak (Yes, hot weather has brought The Streak back):
My Boy went off the diving board at the public pool and swam to the ladder with no assistance!  Quite an accomplishment since we just have 1-hour lessons for 8 days once every summer.
Zekers heard me apologize to the valet for only having $1.  As soon as we got home he raided his piggy bank, bringing me some coins.  He insisted I keep it 'because he's rich.'

No comments: