Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Best Little Haunted House In Texas

For 30-45 minutes last night Abe and I were strictly instructed to keep out of our closet, bed and bathroom.  Finally we were each led one-by-one into Zeke and Daisy's haunted house.

The entry was through the bedroom.  It was dark except for a string of Christmas lights and a jack-o-lantern, both of which Zeke has purchased from garage sales.
Upon entering, an empty clothes basket was thrust upon my head.  After Elijah's real fussing and my obligatory screaming we were told to wait one second.  Zeke slipped out of the bedroom and into the bathroom, closing the doors behind him.  After he told me to enter into the darkness, I was bonked with a frisbee.  More screaming on my part.  Then the fury of a blowup boxing glove was unleashed upon me.  After a sufficient amount of screaming, Zekers told me to take a restroom break (since we were in the bathroom) and he continued through the loop, going into the closet and closing that door tightly behind him.  Finally I was instructed to enter.  Once again, no lights but the other end of the Christmas light strand from earlier (our bedroom/bathroom/closet/laundry room make a loop).  Upon entry Elijah and I were met by 2 dead bodies lying on the floor, with what I think was supposed to be blood all over them.
 
~Of course my children are nearly naked.~  Notice the sword on the floor and the spider on Daisy's belly (and the babies lying near her).  They did a good job of lying still whilst I did my job of screaming.    As I continued the loop out through the other closet door, Zeke jumped up and turned on the vacuum that was between the closet and utility room to suck us up.  More fake screaming from me, real screaming from Eli, and lots of laughter from The Bigs. 
Aren't they funny little people?

No comments: